Wednesday 15 August 2012

ROADKILL




I've been photographing roadkill for years; its cool to see I'm not alone...


Joy Hunsberger has been documenting roadkill for over 10 years. 


Photobucket


How Joy Hunsberger describes his work; "Hovering over these precious vessels that once held life, trying to shine a light in the dark, I am now able to acknowledge that I have slowly been transforming my camera into a shamanic tool all these years. Over time, my toolbox has grown; but the camera is still the point of contact. In many ways, my work creates new pathways for both the deceased and also for the viewer. This practice further prods all the questions I've ever had about the separation and integration of art, life cycles, and spirituality from one another."

For more images, check his work out here.

No comments: