Sunday 17 October 2010

Royal Academy + The Independent Magazine



On September 28th I was asked by Vanessa Carlos and Susie Allan-Huxley to have people wear my work as part of a performance for the Royal Academy's Contemporary Circle Fundraising event.

As most of you know, my taxidermy works are part sculpture, part performance piece. To wear one of my taxidermy creations is to take part in a performance. To be the performer. No small task, but one that my gallant models: Rob Storey, Sean Heart, Ryan Strong and Dominic Parczuk carried out with perfect ease.

It was a spectacular night with three other performance artists taking part, and a spectacular arrangement of creatively displayed canapes and drinks to be had. All of the guests seemed to enjoy interacting with the models/performers and we had many very interesting conversations with many different people, which is the whole point of my work really!

Any case, looks like our work that night left it's impression on Jacosta Jones over at the Independent Magazine because look what we found on page 7 in Saturday's Art Magazine:

www.SlikoMat.com

I've had better reviews, but eh...

To see more photos from the night, check out Dafydd Jones' website HERE.


No comments: